I am starting to feel homesick since we are missing out this week on one of my favorite holiday of all time – Thanksgiving. It’s like Christmas but without the pressure of buying presents. And if you know me personally, you know how much I love food. Who wouldn’t love a holiday all about food?! Anyway, hope all you Yanks can enjoy Thanksgiving for us! Since Christmas is just around the corner, we have been getting a lot of questions about sending cards and packages. There are a few tricks and tips that I will include here just in case anyone wants to make our holiday a little brighter…
- Cards take about two weeks from postmark to delivery, while packages take three or even four weeks
- Never, ever, ever send anything valuable (ex// electronics, cash, new clothes) in the mail. Who knows if it will even get to us…
- Please don’t send anything that has a label “Made in China” as goods from China are heavily taxed here in Mexico
The courier which has presented the least amount of difficulties is U.S. Priority Mail of the U.S. Postal Service (USPS)
- Sadly, please don’t ship us any liquids, soaps, or cosmetics via post – however you can hand deliver bottles of wine and jars of peanut butter when you come visit us
- We have access to Amazon.com here and can use e-gift cards for Kindle books or downloading music
We have a new address for Puebla, so if you are interested in sending us something I am happy to give you our address. We hope to hear from you sometime soon either by e-mail, comments, Facebook, cards, letters or even carrier pigeon!
UPDATE: I’ve upload a new page filled with information on how to keep in touch with us while we are in Mexico. Check it out!